Oral Health for Busy Lives is the theme of this year’s Dental Health Week, which runs from August 7 to 13.
For the week the team at Kingscote Dental Surgery are holding a “Guess how many” toothpastes in the jar competition. The winner of the correct guess will win a mixed basket of dental and fun goodies.
On the August 11 two members from the Kingscote Dental Team will also be running an information session at the Kingscote Playgroup for parents and children. There will be fun for kids and helpful information for parents.
Top tips for healthy teeth:
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes, twice a day, with fluoride toothpaste. Hold the toothbrush at gumline at a 45-degree angle. Replace your toothbrush every three months.
- If you’re relying solely on brushing you’re missing out on effectively cleaning a large portion of your teeth. Flossing helps prevent gum disease, tooth decay, and bad breath.
- Make daily flossing part of your oral hygiene regime. Children should also start flossing as soon as they have two teeth that touch.
- Limit your sugar intake, as it is the single biggest cause of tooth decay. Read the ingredients label on food products.
- Have regular dental check-ups. Visit your dentist at least once a year.
- Wear a mouthguard when playing sport.