Do you know of someone making an impressive difference in their community?
People across the state are encouraged to nominate those doing great things in their regions for the 2017 South Australian Community Achievement Awards.
In their seventh year in 2017, the awards will be co-sponsored by Fairfax Media, with local papers providing print and digital support in the lead-up, during and after.
Fairfax’s SA titles include the Port Lincoln Times, West Coast Sentinel, Eyre Peninsula Tribune, The Transcontinental, Port Pirie Recorder, Whyalla News, Barossa Herald, Northern Argus, The Flinders News, Murray Valley Standard, The Times (Victor Harbor), The Islander, Naracoorte Herald, Coastal Leader and Border Chronicle.
The awards aim to recognise individuals, organisations and groups making a difference within their local communities and state. They honour people who are committed to making South Australia a better place in which to live.
Nominations close on Friday, August 11, 2017. To nominate, visit www.awardsaustralia.com, select ‘South Australian Community Achievement Awards’ and then ‘Nominate now’.
Nominations can be made in the following categories:
- Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award
- Rural Doctors Workforce Agency Rural Community Health and Wellbeing Award
- Jones Harley Toole Community Road Safety Award
- Carers SA Carer Achievement Award
- Alzheimer’s Australia SA Dementia Care Excellence Award
- Caravan & Camping Industries Association of SA Tourism Award
- Prime Super Agricultural Innovation Award
- Ricoh Australia Customer Service Award
- Flinders Foundation Leadership and Innovation in Health Award
Several prizes are up for grabs, including $2000 from Commonwealth Bank for each category winner.
For information or assistance, contact the awards office on 8132 0753 or email@example.com