The Kingscote Golf Club lady golfers celebrated the end of their winter season with the annual general meeting and trophy presentations followed by lunch at the Queenscliffe Hotel, Kingscote.
Judy Bell won her 25th club championship, after quite a battle with new member Sally Graham.
The Rita Wheaton/Lobsey Plate (handicap match play competition) was won by Michelle Barrett.
Susie Niemann followed in her grandmother’s footsteps when she won the beautiful Members Silver Rose bowl trophy, half a century after Eileen Uren won in 1967.
A proud grandmother, she is still a stalwart of the club, still playing a competitive 18 holes every week and frequently in the winners’ circle.
In fact, Eileen was runner up in the Handicap Match Play Competition.
Other results were:
- The Ruby Neighbour Handicap Cup was won by Judy Bell.
- The Sylvia Warner Memorial Trophy winner was won by Susie Niemann.
- Other winners were Par; Susie Niemann, Veterans Tray; Eileen Uren.
- Chipping; Joy Florance, Birdies; Judy Bell, Nearest the Pin; Leonie Florance.
- Most Improved; Michelle Barrett, division one Stroke Eclectic; Susie Nieman, Div 2; Michelle Barrett.
- International Bowl Silver; Susie Niemann, Bronze; Ann Turbill, Shylie Rymill.
- Foursomes winner was mother and daughter duo Ann Turbill and Susie Niemann.
Our new captain is Sue Speck, the new vice captain is Susie Niemann and Michelle Barrett is continuing on as the club’s secretary.
In case you are wondering there are another 10 or so members who play – we just weren’t good enough on the day – but we live in hope.
There is always next year.
WELL DONE: Pictured left is Susie Niemann with her grandmother, Eileen Uren.