With the inaugural Kangaroo Island Sufferfest Triathlon Festival only a little under four weeks away, the final details are falling into place and the buzz among the competitors is starting to build.
Race director Matt Carmen said organisers were looking forward to introducing the new concept to the Kangaroo Island community.
“We are pleased with the registrations for the first year event, and are looking forward to building a strong annual event to which visitors and community look forward,” Mr Carmen said.
“Kangaroo Island is a magnificent destination, and an event such as this will showcase what the Kingscote area has to offer.
“We strongly urge the competitors with their families to stay on the island for a few days after the event and explore what the rest of the island has to offer.
“Within the festival, there is an event for everyone with a kids triathlon on Friday afternoon, shorter distance triathlons, colour run and free outdoor cinema on Saturday, before the major long distance races on the Sunday.
“We are looking forward to a weekend of fun, and family friendly entertainment.”
Friday November 24
- Kidsfest: 75m swim/3k cycle/1k run
- Outdoor cinema: Free - Angry Birds
- Welcome/Carb Party: Taste of KI Festival
Saturday November 25
- Enticerfest: 150m swim/9k cycle/2k run
- Sprintfest: 500m swim/20k cycle/5k run
- 5k/10k Fun Run
- Colour Run, live music, amusements, Taste of KI Festival
Sunday November 26
- Ironfest: 3.8k swim/180k cycle/42.2k run
- Half Ironfest: 1.9k swim/90k cycle/21.1k run
- Olyfest: 1.5k swim/40k cycle/10k run
- Aquabike: 3.8k swim/180k cycle OR 1.9k swim/90k cycle
- Duathlonfest: 180k bike/42.2k run OR 90k bike/21.1k run
- Taste of KI Festival
Monday November 27
- Noon-4pm: Awards for Sunday events and After Party
If people would like to be in a team of volunteers they can email email@example.com or phone 03 5988 4040.
Visit: sufferfesttri.com for more information and to register.