It’s Biggest Morning Tea time again on Kangaroo Island.
The KI Cancer Support Group will hold its Biggest Morning Tea at the Island Motel, Kingscote on Thursday, May 24 from 9.30am to 11.30am with a $5 admission.
Group members Cherie Tyley and Sally Heath have created a fantastic display in the KI Council building window advertising the upcoming event.
Their display features lots of teapots, teapot cosies, cups, flowers and bunting, so check it out next time you are in Kingscote.
Cheryl May on behalf of the group passed on a huge thank-you to Shannon from the Island Motel for the use of their premises.
“Pop in and enjoy a cuppa and some homemade goodies for morning tea,” Cheryl said.
“Organise a group or bring your mum or grandma down for a chat. There will also be a trading table.”
The Penneshaw CWA branch meanwhile will also host its own Biggest Morning Tea event, also on Thursday, May 24, at the Penneshaw CWA Rooms from 10am to 12noon.
Everyone welcome and $5 donation appreciated.
In May and June, the Cancer Council is encouraging people across the Australia to gather their friends, family or workmates for a cup of tea and a bite to eat while raising money to support Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea.
- 2018 marks the 25th year of Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea. The national event is one of Cancer Council’s leading fundraising efforts.
- The official Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea date is Thursday, 24 May 2018, but participants can register to host at any time in May or June.
- Anyone can host an Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea. Simply register online as a host, set a date in May or June and start sending out your invites.
- Your Biggest Morning Tea could be at home with friends or family, a simple morning tea in the office with workmates, a gathering in the local community or at school.
- This year, Cancer Council hopes to recruit over 32,000 generous morning tea hosts and raise over $14 million nationally to help everyone affected by cancer right across Australia.