Prep time: 5 Mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Ingredients for 4
- 500g lean beef mince
- 300g wholemeal cous cous
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 350g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- ½ small cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- 2 small zucchini, shredded or grated
- 80g baby rocket
- Coriander sprigs, toasted pine nuts, lemon wedges, to serve
- Prepare cous cous according to packet instructions. Set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mince and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Add onion, Moroccan seasoning and 1 tablespoon water and cook for 2 minutes. Set aside, keeping warm.
- Microwave pumpkin and cauliflower for 2-2 ½ minutes on HIGH (100%) or until tender.
- Divide cous cous between bowls. Top with mince mixture, pumpkin, cauliflower, zucchini and rocket. Season. Drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with coriander and pine nuts. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Beef stir-fry strips are a delicious substitute for mince in this recipe.
- Swap the Moroccan seasoning for Cajun seasoning or lemon pepper.
- Add some crumbled feta or ricotta to the bowl, if desired.