A fundraiser for the National Breast Cancer Foundation at the Aurora Ozone Hotel on Wednesday night has smashed its target, but it's not too late to donate.
The event was organised by Kingscote resident Roz Miller and her son Nic, who shaved off his hair and beard.
The evening saw music provided by the Kangaroo Island Minstrels and also snacks and drinks.
Family friend David O'Brien joined in on the fun, shaving off his beard. Hairdresser Wendy Squire did all the shaving.
Local KI farmer Stephen Davidson, who knows a bit about shearing (sheep), did a great job on the microphone calling the head shaving action.
As of Friday, October 18, the Millers had raised a total of $1675 raised, smashing their target of $1000.
Donations are open till the end of the month.
"I'd like to say thanks for all the help and support in reaching our goal of $1000. I'm very pleased to report that we have raised $1675 so far," Nic said.
"The NBCF will use the money to fund research for a breast cancer cure with the goal to have zero deaths from breast cancer by 2030. Hence the zero hero campaign.
"It's not only females that get breast cancer, 1 in 1000 males can get it. So everybody check yourselves!
"Mum runs an annual breast cancer fundraiser with Intimo. So we joined forces.
"Thus now my head feels different and cold... yet I feel faster, more aerodynamic.
"Thanks to our sponsors who donated to help make the raffle happen."
The raffle winners were as follows:
- Ginny Wachmer, Suze browne and Robyn Ayahas have all won a Bay of Shoals Rosé.
- Shantel Johnson, Di Morris, Bullet and Ann Henderson have all won a $25 Vivonne Bay General Store vouchure.
- Geoff Florence has won a KIS O-Gin.
- Robn Aye has won a $95 Intimo voucher donated by Roz Miller.
- Ken has won one Rachel Smith original artwork.
- Brenda Beal won the $30 Gobble Your Greens voucher.
- Chelsea, John Clements and Ginny Wachmer have won a Bay Of Shoals bubbles.
- Chelle won a Hairscape voucher from Wendy Squire.
"Thanks to all our sponsors, Bay of Shoals wines, KIS, Gobble Your Greens, Hairscape, The Vivonne Bay General Store," Nic said.
"Donations are still being collected till the end of the month. We hope to double our target! If you feel like donating please click the link below."