South Australia has no new COVID-19 cases to report today, Thursday, November 19, with the total of active cases in the Parafield cluster sitting at 23.
However, SA Health chief public health officer, Professor Nicola Spurrier said there were 17 people who were highly suspected cases linked to that cluster.
She said there were many close contacts or contacts of close contacts of the cluster in quarantine, with the number possibly rising further.
"Even though we have 3200 people already in quarantine we do know there are a number of venues where infectious cases have been over the last week or so and this is why we have done the pause, to stop it in its tracks so we can find as many of those people and have them quarantine," Prof Spurrier said.
"In essence we are hoping that those people are already in quarantine because of this pause its giving us time to identify them, get them tested and have that 14-day quarantine period for all those people."
Professor Spurrier said there were 35 active cases in total, this includes returning travellers in medi-hotels, with three people current in hospital in a stable condition.
She said there were 11,913 tests processed yesterday, with more than 20,000 tests undertaken in the past 48 hours.
In her final words, Prof Spurrier thanked all South Australians for their efforts.
"So the message today is be patient, be kind, stay at home, you are absolutely doing the right thing," she said.
"We want to get on top of this, we want to be open for Christmas we want to go back to all the things we've enjoyed doing before.
"We don't want a long extended shutdown."
Premier Steven Marshall reiterated the need for the six-day lockdown and why it could stop a potential disaster.
"We need this circuit breaker to protect the elderly, the vulnerable and the entire community from this nasty disease because we are not going to get a second chance," he said.
"The lessons of surging infections in victoria and other parts of the world have been learnt. Indecision plays into the hands of this virus.
"We need this circuit breaker, this breathing space for a contact tracing blitz.
"We still have potentially thousands of South Australians who visited a site of concern and maybe carrying the disease, this is the reason for our pause."
Premier Marshall said he had contacted the Commonwealth to cancel all international flights into Adelaide until November 30.
He praised all South Australians in their handling of the restrictions and efforts in coming forward for testing.
I want to say how proud I am of South Australia;s response to this latest outbreak.
"This is about SA pausing so we can stay ahead of this virus.
"I ask everybody to be patient, to follow the restrictions that have been put in place and to stay positive, we're united with a very common purpose to beat this silent enemy."