South Australian Premier Steven Marshall has announced an easing of restrictions on the back of the Modbury cluster.
A seven-day statewide lockdown was introduced following the cluster outbreak, with the lockdown coming to an end at midnight on Tuesday last week and replaced by strict restrictions.
Mr Marshall said in a press conference on Monday that as of 12.01am on Thursday, there will be an easing of restrictions.
New restrictions include:
- Businesses to return to a 50 per cent capacity, at a density requirement of one person per two square metres
- Seated consumption to continue
- Gyms and fitness centres to return to a density of one person per four square metres
- Sport can return for competition
- Mask arrangements will continue - with masks to be worn in all high-risk settings, personal care settings, on public transport, and indoor public spaces
- Schools to keep mask arrangements in place
- Schools will return to excursions and assemblies
- The home gathering cap will remain at 10 people
- Caps will remain for weddings and funerals at 50 people
- Singing and dancing remain banned
- Competitive sport will be allowed as a reason to travel in the 70-kilometre cross-border bubble
- South Australians in South East Queensland can return to South Australia and complete 14 days of home quarantine
Mr Marshall said restrictions would be reviewed next week, but that it was an ongoing process due to "worrying and deteriorating" situations in New South wales and Queensland.
"That is something we need to look at on a daily basis going forward," he said.
"We stand by our policy decision from day one, [that] we don't restrictions in place one day longer than we need to."
He said the mask wearing in public situations since the lockdown ended had given officials "great cause for optimism".
"Thanks for all South Australians who have abided by restrictions put in place over the last 14 days," Mr Marshall said.