The team from Community Legal Centres SA is traveling over to Kangaroo Island next week with colleagues from Uniting Communities' Consumer Credit Law Team.
Solicitors Belinda and Alison will be based at the Kangaroo Island Business Hub from Monday, October 18 to lunchtime Wednesday, October 20.
They are available for one-on-one appointments for free legal advice regarding credit issues.
Subject to demand, they may be able to travel to other areas of KI during their visit for face to face appointments, or can offer appointments via telephone or video call.
Specifically, their service may be able to assist with:
- Credit law issues involving disputes with creditors
- Mortgage stress and repossessions
- Disputes with financial service providers
- Disputes related to loans. These might be for personal or household use. Loans include credit cards, mortgages, personal loans, rent-to-buy agreements or consumer leases (household goods, car finance).
- Negotiating payment plans
- Conduct by creditors
- Credit history reports
- Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) applications.
Belinda and Alison will also be at the Property Ownership Expo at the KI Business Hub on Tuesday, October 19 from 3pm.
Please feel free to pop in and see them!
They will also be presenting with us at the Expo from 6.15pm that night.
The presentation will address legal considerations of buying/selling a property, things to consider before entering into a mortgage, negotiating mortgage payment plans and what to do if a bank threatens to repossess your property.
To book an appointment with Belinda and Alison, please call 1300 886 220.
Alternatively, if service providers would like to organise a time to meet Belinda and Alison, to discuss referral pathways for clients, please give them a call on 1300 886 220.